Blog Archives

Eat Your Adaptogens

Shakeology-Adaptogens

Adaptogens are herbs that help you adapt to stress. To qualify as an adaptogen, an herb must be completely safe and non-toxic. It must have broad uses for health, and it must specifically reduce stress, both mental and physical. “Adaptogens

Posted in Nature Knows Best Tagged with: , ,

Exercise Turbo charges your Brain

pexels-photo

With the body/mind connection better understood these days, it has become clear that totally interconnect. A sedentary lifestyle designed around sitting and often slouching in front of the television or internet robs our nervous systems of its ability to regulate

Posted in Nature Knows Best Tagged with: ,

Children consume half of daily sugar quota at breakfast

4156

Breakfast should be the most important meal of the day because it gets your brain and metabolism going and suppresses the hunger hormone in your stomach so you won’t overeat at lunch. But “children in England consume half their recommended

Posted in Nature Knows Best Tagged with: , , ,

Detox by Eating Food

Detox-with-food-health

According to scientific and medical literature, everyone is toxic. Supporting detoxing is very important. Detoxing is easy by eating the right foods. Those foods are colorful plant foods, not bacon, steak or chicken. And today it is necessary to detox

Posted in Nature Knows Best Tagged with: , , ,

What about Eating Just a Little Meat?

iStock-153553074s

It has long been known that a plant-based diet may be protective against diabetes. Studies have shown over and over again that those who eat meat one or more days a week had significantly higher rates of diabetes, and the

Posted in Nature Knows Best Tagged with: , , ,

Plant-Based Diet Works to Prevent Kidney Cancer

Foods_cropped-e1443976479470

58,000 Americans are diagnosed with kidney cancer every year, and 13,000 die. Other Developed countries also probably face similar numbers. And the numbers have been rising. While 4 percent of cases are hereditary, what about the other 96 percent? Historically,

Posted in Nature Knows Best Tagged with: , , ,

Red Meat has more Problems!

Flickr_-_cyclonebill_-_Bacon_1

Eating three strips of bacon a day (50g) could raise the risk of dying from heart disease by 24 percent, concluded a review of several different studies. It also increases the risk of diabetes by 32 per cent and the

Posted in Nature Knows Best Tagged with: , , ,

Alcohol Related to at least Seven Cancers

alcohol-64164_640

It turns out that alcohol causes seven forms of cancer. And even people who consume low to moderate amounts are at risk. Fresh analysis of evidence accumulated over a number of years implicates alcohol in breast, colon, liver and other

Posted in Nature Knows Best Tagged with: , ,

Spend Time in Nature – It’s Healing

Young woman tying up her hair before running while the sun creates dramatic lighting in a Redwood forest.

Spending time in nature has been clinically shown by a large body of evidence to be beneficial, even therapeutic – in many ways. Scientists in Japan researched the effect of spending time in nature on the body’s physical and psychological

Posted in Nature Knows Best Tagged with: ,

Forgiveness is Good for Your Health!

forgive-208824_960_720

“Being forgiving to yourself and others can protect against stress and the toll it takes on mental health, according to and new study in the Journal of Health Psychology. Researchers looked at the effects of lifetime stress on a person’s

Posted in Nature Knows Best Tagged with: , , , ,

Program Dates and Online Registration

For available program dates and online registration, please click here or give us a ring on
(03) 5963 7000 .

Don’t Let Winter take its Toll on You!

Warm Up Your Health

Program Vacancies
14 May (5-night)
21 May (12-night)
11 June (5-night)
Highwood Health Retreat provides you with a personalized program depending on your health circumstances. Great results that will change your life!
Click here to register

Highwood can help you with a variety of health issues including the following:

  • Diabetes
  • High Blood Pressure
  • Arthritis
  • Digestive Disorders
  • Food Allergies
  • Fibromyalgia
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
  • Anxiety and other stress disorders
  • Nicotine Addiction

Nature Knows Best